It is extremely difficult for CMHC to function effectively when members are absent; therefore, CMHC has adopted a zero pre-planned absence policy.
- Every family must commit to attending co-op every single Monday for all 11 weeks of the semester. If you have a conflicting organizational requirement (such as a conference), please contact the administration as accommodations can sometimes be made.
- If a family knows that they will miss any co-op classes due to pre-planned travel or other commitments, that family will be put on a waiting list. Approximately a week before the semester begins, if all necessary teacher and teacher assistant positions have been filled and there is space available in the classes the family requires, that family will be allowed to register.
- This is to ensure that (a) we are able to operate having all the help required even with illness and unexpected emergencies, and (b) we are giving priority to families who are able to attend regularly.
- Families may not register their children for classes without also having a parent attending. In other words, a child may not register to attend co-op with another family.
- If the participating parent is unable to attend, children are not allowed to come with another family. Parents may have a third party bring their children in their place. The person who brought the children will also need to fulfill the participating parent’s assistant and setup/cleanup requirements.
We know and understand that life happens. If you find yourself facing an unexpected illness or emergency (such as needing to make an unexpected trip to immigration or cross the border for a visa run), please call or email Rachel ASAP, and she will find substitutes to take your places. Please let Rachel know as you know you'll be absent as that gives her as much time as possible to find a substitute and ensure the co-op runs smoothly.